January brings with it the promise of a new year,
Life is lived at warp speed today and it’s easy to spend all your energies in reaction mode, doing what needs to be done and forgetting about your most important goals. But at what cost? When you’re too busy living you lose yourself in the process. It's time to step back, reflect and plan more intentionally for what’s next. By taking stock you can:
- Look at what’s working well in your life and build on it.
- Identify what needs attention in different aspects of your life.
- Understand what values and principles guide your life and work.
- Understand the challenges that keep getting the way.
- Learn to draw on your inner strengths and wisdom.
This month give yourself the gift of time and take stock of your life to see what emerges. You’ll amaze yourself with all that you’ve accomplished and what’s working well. You’ll gain clarity on what you need to pay more attention to. The exercises I'm going to suggest will give you a great start on creating goals that are important to you now.
Dianne is a business and life coach and author of a new book: If There Are No Limits… A guide to living with passion, purpose and possibilities. For more information, visit www.inkiesta.com