Week 12 – Creating Goals That Have S.W.A.G
When she was honoured during the 2006 US Tennis Open Championship, viagra buy Billie Jean King, troche a professional tennis player, told the crowd that when she was just five years old, she boldly announced to her mother she was going to do something important with her life. With determination she created the possibilities needed to accomplish her goals. In the process became a role model for many women in professional tennis.
Goals allow you to concretely see what’s possible in the future and to bring that vision to life. Goals bring focus to your dreams and aspirations so that you can turn them into tangible outcomes. They turn potential into performance and are essential to your well-being. This approach that I call S.W.A.G. is proven to have a high success rate. SWAG goals have four very important components that increase the likelihood of success.
- Spicy goals have “intent” and “motivation” that create a strong desire to do something.
- Winning goals have clear outcomes and are measurable. They identify the resources you need to achieve the outcomes you want.
- Aspiring goals have realistic and achievable actions that provide a roadmap and help you to stay on track. The actions must be flexible enough to adjust when obstacle gets in the way.
- Goals include a commitment you make to yourself by establishing timelines and sequencing to ensure success.
I invite you this week is to select one of the important goals that you’ve identified and to develop it into a SWAG goal. And be sure to build in celebrations as you reach important milestone moment towards this goal. You can use this format to create inspired goals.
- I am… so that
- My goal is accomplished when…
- I need these resources to accomplish this goal.
- I am taking these actions…
- I will take these actions by…
- I will celebrate by…
Dianne is a business and personal coach who helps individuals thrive as they successfully manage the dynamics of continual transitions; and author of a new book: If There Are No Limits… A guide to living with passion, purpose and possibilities. For more information or to sign up for her newsletter, visit www.inkiesta.com