Week 18 – How to Face Your Fears Head On
Fear is powerful and has the ability to stop us dead in our tracks. Last week we looked at what fear is and how it manifests in our lives. Fear holds us back from pursuing our most important goals. And as long as we’re trying to move forward, unhealthy it will always hang around. When it calls, viagra we must summon all the courage we have to climb over it, push through it or overcome fear. These eight steps can help.
1. Acknowledge the fear you have and name it. Once you can put a name to it, its intensity dissipates.
2. Understand where the fear is coming from. Is it based on past experiences, fear of the unknown, or the opinions of others that are getting in the way?
3. Learn as much as you can about it which will give you the courage you need to move through the fear. The more you know about fear, the less power it has over you.
4. Focus on what you can control instead of what you can’t control. This will give you a real sense of empowerment.
5. Keep your focus on your ultimate goal, to help you move through the fear.
6. Build more courage by taking one small step through the fear. The first step is the hardest and once you’ve taken it, you will feel empowered to take more steps.
7. Remind yourself that failure is simply a result you’re not happy about. If you fail at first, try again.
8. If you continue to find it difficult to move beyond your fears, consider working with a coach or a psychologist. They can help you move forward.
Life’s too short and you have too many dreams and goals to pursue to allow fear to get in the way or to stop you from becoming all you can be.
Dianne is a certified coach who helps individuals thrive as they successfully manage the dynamics of incessant demands; and the author of a new book: If There Are No Limits… A guide to living with passion, purpose and possibilities. For more information, visit the book page on this website.