Week 20 – Why It May Be Time To Shift Your Perspective
When life isn’t going as planned or as you’d hoped, cialis it may be necessary to shift perspectives and make a conscious choice to look at the situation from a different angle. Shifting perspectives is a powerful tool when you’re feeling stuck or unable to get to the next step in your life. A new perspective opens up possibilities and opportunities. The ingredients for shifting your perspective include intention, creativity, optimism, courage, an open heart, energy, focus, and flexibility. These are all qualities that you already have within. To actively shift your perspective, try these steps.
- Start by identifying the perspective you want to change.
- Then engage your imagination through creative brainstorming to create new possibilities.
- Remain optimistic and look for all that is positive about the new perspective.
- Draw on your courage to begin shifting your perspective by taking small steps.
- Focus on the important things in your life and be flexible and willing to try different strategies.
- Use transforming words such as “I will”, “I want to”, and “I can.”
- Refrain from asking “Why” questions as much as possible when you’re trying to change perspective. Ask “What” or “How” questions instead. They are more expansive and focused on the future.
- Recognize the changes that are happening and celebrate those successes.
Go ahead and try shifting your perspective and see where it takes you. Start small and take bolder steps when you feel more confident. Take advantage of new opportunities in your life to shift your perspective. Over time, you’ll develop a new way of thinking. With practice your brain will rewire itself and it will become easier. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the results.
Dianne is a certified coach who helps individuals thrive as they successfully manage the dynamics of incessant demands; and the author of a new book: If There Are No Limits… A guide to living with passion, purpose and possibilities. For more information, visit the book page on this website.