Week 27 – Regaining Your Personal Power
Inkiesta, pronounced “in-key-es-ta” is an Italian word meaning “journey”.
“Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass… It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
Vivien Green, Author
Last week we looked at how it is that we lose personal power. This week let’s take a look at strategies to reclaim personal power? It’s all in the choices you make. By making choices that contribute to your growth and make you feel good about yourself,
• Be gentle to yourself as you make small steps to move beyond your fears. This will help you move from feeling like a victim to finding and implementing solutions to your problems.
• Trust your instincts. They are often more accurate than your intellect.
• Never compromise your principles and values, see no matter what your emotions tell you.
• Pay attention to your inner dialogue and remove any negative self-talk. Replace that inner dialogue with positive affirmations.
• Learn from your setbacks to rebuild your personal power.
• Create a clear vision for your life and you’ll enhance your personal power.
• Use your creativity to create possibilities that are aligned with your vision. They will give you focus and energy and you’ll feel empowered.
Regaining your personal power is critical to move forward positively. Life is a journey that is filled with bumps along the way. You mustn’t let those challenges destroy your personal power. Let your authenticity shine through. It will empower your soul and help you feel more powerful.
Dianne is a certified coach who helps individuals thrive as they successfully manage the dynamics of incessant demands; and the author of a new book: If There Are No Limits… A guide to living with passion, purpose and possibilities. For more information, visit the book page on this website.