Week 34 – What Does Success Mean To You?
Have you ever wondered how you would respond if someone asked you to define success? What would you say? And what is the true measure of a successful life? When someone tells you that success is working in the corner office of a global corporation and earning a six figure income or owning a condo in downtown Manhattan, cure are they defining success generally or is it their individual perspective on what success is? Success is measured in as many ways as there are people defining it. Here’s a sampling of success.
- Cultivating and bringing the abundant riches within your soul riches to full fruition while you discover all that you are and all that you can become.
- Embracing your fears and finding the courage to work through those fears. Success is never giving up in the face of adversity.
- Giving for the pure joy of making the gift. The more you give the more you get back in life.
- Being here in the present moment, living life to its fullest, enjoying and making the most of the precious time you have.
- Knowing that beauty is defined from the inside. Beauty defined from the outside is subject to too many differing points of view and is of little value to your sense of self-worth.
- Being able to let go when your heart tells you it’s time. Unhealthy attachments keep you imprisoned in the mind while letting go frees the heart.
- Making time to be with friends and family, to nourish your soul and warm your heart. It is opening your heart and sharing your love with those whose hearts are closed.
- Loving and laughing every chance you get.
- Quieting your mind to reflect and contemplate your life so you can re-ignite your imagination and rejuvenate your spirit.
- Being open to learning throughout your whole life. Each new day has something to teach you, whether it comes from others, from circumstances or from within.
- Living your life with zest and contentment.
Success is all of the above and none of the above at the same time. It is intensely personal and yours to define. No one else can define what success is for you, except you. If you want to get a real appreciation of all the success you achieve in your life, get into the habit of keeping a journal of your many accomplishments, big or small. You’ll astound yourself when you realize how much success you already have achieved.
Dianne is a certified coach who helps individuals thrive as they successfully manage the dynamics of incessant demands; and the author of a new book: If There Are No Limits… A guide to living with passion, purpose and possibilities. For more information, visit the book page on this website.