Week 4 – Who Am I?
If someone asked you to describe yourself, sickness what would you say? It isn’t easy to tell someone else who you are in a short and precise answer. You are much more than anyone can ever see. They see your mannerisms and expressions, search hear your words and observe your actions. But your private thoughts, pharm feelings, hopes, dreams, fears and doubts can’t be seen. This week, begin to create a picture that expresses all that you are. Let your imagine soar by imagining you’re interviewing a famous person – you. You might ask:
- What hobbies do you have? What do you enjoy doing when you’re at home? What do you do for fun?
- Who are the important people who share your life?
- What are you most proud of?
- What do you do really well in your work?
- What are your greatest talents? Skills? Abilities?
- What gives you the greatest joy and you love so much that you get lost in it and lose all track of time?
- What key principles do you hold dear and how do they manifest in your everyday actions?
- What values are important to you, in your life and at work? How do they inspire what you say and do?
What else would you ask? You might surprise yourself whit all that you learn about yourself by doing this exercise. Better still, ask a friend to help you with this exercise. It will be more fun.
Dianne is a business and life coach and author of a new book: If There Are No Limits… A guide to living with passion, purpose and possibilities. For more information, visit www.inkiesta.com