Yeah Baby! I’m Living The Dream!
If we’re all “living the dream”, viagra sale why are we so miserable? We feel more disconnected with our dreams today than we ever did and we hear it everywhere. “I feel stuck and my life is going nowhere.” “I hate my job.” “I’m overworked and stressed out.” “I’m bored.” “I’m frustrated, sales angry and scared.” “I’m depressed.” “I wish I could just run away from it all.” “I need to get a life.” “I don’t know how to make a real difference in this world.”
Living the dream! Yeah right! We’re too darn busy working, illness raising families and barely making ends meet to have time to think about anything else, much less chasing our dreams. But still, we hope that we can get away from the everyday grind and focus on the pursuit of unfulfilled dreams. Hope is what gets us out of bed in the morning.
If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different result then it makes sense to change what you’re doing. Hope can only take you so far. If you want to make changes in your life, and you’re feeling overwhelmed with the thought of adding another thing on your long to-do list, then maybe the first step is to make a “stop doing” list. Then ask yourself what’s most important today, tomorrow and in the longer term. The questions below will get you thinking. Don’t worry how long it takes to achieve one goal or one dream. Taking too big a step will overwhelm you and you’ll give up. It’s much easier to take small steps that fit your already busy schedule. You’ll have more energy as you build momentum and start seeing the progress you’re making. And you’ll accomplish more.
- What have I accomplished so far? You’ll amaze yourself.
- What unfinished business do I still have?
- What do I really want out of my relationships, work, health, etc.; and why it is important?
- What dreams can I realistically pursue given the current priorities in my life?
- How can I break these dreams down in manageable goals?
- How can I break the goals into even smaller chunks so I don’t get overwhelmed?
- What can I do to stay focused on my goals? Give up an hour of TV? Get up earlier?
- Who can I ask for help as I work towards my goals?
- What can I do on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to stay focused?
- What can I do to recognize the progress I’m making and celebrate my accomplishments?
Too often we give up on our dreams because life gets in the way or it doesn’t unfold as planned. Priorities change and stuff happens. The truth is that life is rarely lived in a linear fashion; it is usually lived in a spiral, with many twists and turns. But it is precisely through these twists and turns that we force ourselves to make a choice to either keep pursuing our dreams or give up. Living the dream is about having the courage keep moving and seeing possibilities in the obstacles that eventually take life in a direction that is more congruent with who we are.
When we make the decision to turn parts of our life around, we find a renewed sense of energy. It no longer feels like we have added more on our to-do list. Rather, it recharges the old batteries and breathes new energy into our life. Sometimes we have to dig deep and find the courage to bring about the change that is needed, but we owe it to ourselves and to our loved one to create a life of dreams.